Wednesday, June 30, 2010

lost paths

so there i was at one of my favorite places yesterday looking for a parking place but it was packed. so i had to mosey around back to turn around and look who i came upon...

isn't she adorable? she was foraging for something however was all alone, looking kind of forlorne. no friends to be found in the vicinity to help her either. she'd clearly lost her way.

do you ever feel like that? lost your way? wandering around? don't know where to go, what to do, what direction to turn? you feel alone; like no one's around to help or no one cares? you're left all on your own to figure things out?

let me tell you i sure have. during those times, i pray. and then pray some more. i also have a scripture that helps me and one i thought of when i saw this precious creature. "trust in the lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." proverbs 3:5-6 i love these verses because they point out how the lord will always make our paths straight if we acknowledge him and trust him. how cool is that? it's not up to me. i don't have to rely on me so no wandering necessary. yay! that's why i pray, so i can help myself be reminded to lean on him.

seeing this deer was a wonderful visual for me: to rely on what god will do for me every day if i will allow him to. he does care...always, and uses little things to bring it to the forefront of my mind.

happy day.....

No comments: