Tuesday, January 4, 2011

little one...

after the squirrel debacle of yesterday and my feelings of guilt, i went back to the pond today.  i drove up but had to park on the other side of the road because there was another car where i usually stop mine. 

no sooner had i turned off the ignition, did the ducks begin their squawking...  looking out the window of the car guess what i see?  a line of ducks waddling across the road towards me oblivious to other vehicles that are coming.  one car was honking at them and they just stood their ground.  grabbing my camera, i got out quick and herded them back across to the grass laughing and talking to them the whole way.  they must really have wanted those pictures taken...


this is the little one i chose for the day... he was standing all alone, looking around... looking a bit lost... no other ducks were standing near him... i wondered why.  he looks young... i was so close.  where were his folks?  and why weren't they fussing about me being so near to him?  even so, he doesn't appear to be particularly worried - he's standing tall in the midst of it all...head held high. 

made me think that's what i need to do and remember.  stand tall... stand firm...  stand my ground...  when the going gets tough, when the going is good... either way - stand tall.  the good news is that i have a god who helps me to stand firm during those times and actually becomes more for me during the times when i think i am alone.  a versus that speaks to me about this is from john 3:30: "he must become greater; i must become less." 

happy day.....

No comments: