Wednesday, May 1, 2013

the many faces of robin...

i saw a robin yesterday...

actually it was the second robin of the season that i've seen...  i grew up with the belief that it wasn't springtime - until you'd set eyes upon your 1st robin... why?  i don't know - it was just one of those things - a sure sign that spring had arrived - it wasn't a "fake-out" by nature perhaps...  whatever the case - in all of my adult years, i don't consider it spring until i see a robin regardless of what others may say - or what the calendar deems it to be. 

a couple of weeks ago - i snuck up on my first - he was trying to hide in the underbrush of old leaves in the forest...  i almost didn't count him because of the whole hide 'n seek factor.  this one - this was much better - it was as though we had a connection - an understanding - this robin and me...  i believe he knew i was wanting his portrait but wasn't going to make it easy for me - so made me go on a chase after him - up and down the trail...  i would run after him and call - he would skip along, then stop and look back at me so i could snap a picture. 



if anyone was observing me - i'm sure it was a funny sight - a grown woman chasing after a bird...  yet i swear, he knew exactly what he was doing - playing with me - and having fun all the same.  because of it - and the posing he did - i got front, left and right-sided portraits of the robin... 




it's not every day this happens - in fact, i doubt that birds interact with humans in this type of fashion on a regular basis.  i don't take it for granted - it's always special when it happens between me and nature - gives me a thrill - a wonderful moment in time to cherish god's creation...

happy day.....

No comments: