Thursday, March 8, 2012

ravens...

...were taking over - flooding the shoreline - attempting to intimidate the gulls - calling to each other in a loud raucous fashion that echoed off the mountain...

on a day filled with wind - billowing clouds and disappearing sun... it was an appropriate scene.  i stood in the sand, the wind whipping my hair around my face, taking in the sight - deciding to chat back to the ravens... feeling a bit foolish, although getting caught up in the moment not caring if anyone heard me...  being comfortable with myself - the ravens seemed to sense a kinship with me... allowing me to get fairly close before feeling a breach in their space - then flying off...

due to the conditions of the day - the cloudy overtones and intermittent sun casting shadows... post-editing and processing gave me an opportunity to play with my portraits of the ravens - to color outside the lines of just an ordinary picture - adding some creativity and innovation...







ravens get a bum rap - for being a bad bird...  when they really are very intelligent; equally beautiful - creative - innovative...  one has only to give but a moments' time to them versus a snap judgement - or preconceived notion to recognize their ultimate value in the wildlife world.

happy day.....

No comments: